Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Panic Attacks

Panic attacks.


Scary stuff. Feelings like you’re dying or can’t breathe or losing control. Feelings like you want to start crying or screaming.

Panic attacks are not fun; for the suffer or the people around them.

I have recently had to deal with these terrible things and my dear husband has had to deal with me dealing with them. They’ve had us both on edge; leading me to start biting my nails and him to question every hug I give him because I tend to hug on him when I feel one coming on.

It’s been stressful. Good things have come out of it, in a way. We’ve found a doctors office that has a program that makes so that we don’t have to pay a fortune every time we go in and has a prescription program. We also found a mental health facility that I can go to talk to someone. We have made progress and some days are better than others.

Yesterday was not a good day. Today was better. Saturday was really good.

One day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley- "one day at a time" is exactly what I was going to tell you! I'm so sorry you are suffering with these; as a fellow panic attack-haver, I am feeling for you right now. Lean on your husband. Do anything that distracts you- TV, books, anything.

    When I was diagnosed with panic disorder, I was luckily in college so I used my school's health center and didn't have to pay as much out of pocket. I worried constantly that if I did have to go on medicine, it would be expensive. Thankfully, my (generic) Paxil is but $4 a month, and I've found that doctors are very willing to prescribe for months at a time when I explain that I simply can't afford to come back and see them every 3 months.

    If you need to talk about panic attacks, or just want to whine, you know where to find me!

    And just know- it will get better.

    ReplyDelete