Friday, January 7, 2011

Babies

Babies. They are everywhere! It is clear that I am coming to an age where people start having babies. My facebook friends pages have exploded with baby announcements. I just watched the documentary called Babies and right now I'm watching one about the Nursery School competition in NYC.
All this serves to remind me that I do not have a baby and only increases my desire for one.
I want a baby. I suppose it's natural. I'm 25, recently married, about to finish college. It is the next life step.
As someone who as always loved children and someone who's husband is child centered, it's hard not to jump right in and get started right away! Of course it's not just up to me. :) Hubby does get SOME say.
Soon we will get are turn to start a family. It's the next great adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh girl, it is not just you who is baby crazy. I probably think about it everyday. If it weren't for the $ aspect of providing for a child, I'm pretty sure I'd already have one haha.

    And is it just me- or is it weird that after *not* wanting to be pregnant for so long and trying really hard to make sure I never ever get pregnant... to shift to this thought of "wow, that would be awesome." I guess we're just getting old :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! All through high school and most of college I was pretty sure I would never have children. YOu have to take care of them for 18 years! Or more! Now it's all "BABY! BABY! BABY!"
    adulthood is fun.
    I would totally have one on the way if our apartment wasn't the size of a child's shoe box and we could afford baby type things. Stupid money. It messes everyhting up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I KNOW! It seems like everyone is trying to get pregnant, pregnant, or raising little babies right now. It's so exciting for everyone, but it's hard not to think "Ok, so is it my turn yet??" I can't imagine how hard it is for those who ARE trying and aren't getting pregnant...

    ReplyDelete