Saturday, January 22, 2011

I like cheap stuff

I'm cheap, I admit it. I see a clearance sign and I'm all over it. I hate buying things at full price. I blame my mother. She also hates spending money and paying full price... or maybe I should thank her?
My  cheap ways have been an asset as of late. Hubby and I like to call ourselves lower-lower-lower middle class. In a word - broke. Expendable income we have not, but we still are American and we like our stuff; and we like to get more stuff. So, we find cheap stuff.
It's almost like a game - how low can you go!
I like browsing second hand stores for cast off treasures. The one things I can always find is books.
Ah, yes, books. Pretty much the last thing this house needs is more books, but I always seem to find at least one.
Just a few days ago hubby and I stopped by a local second hand shop where they had 4 books for $.99! We walked away with eight books.
We then also discovered a fun new word game called In a Pickle for $1.50
 and some great Piere 1 chalkboard plates for  $4 each. Score!

It was a great day for bargain hunting.

1 comment:

  1. I almost freaked when I saw the comments about books. I am so bad when it comes to that--I compulsively collect books! We don't even have space for most of mine... they are (sadly) in boxes at my parent's house.
    Yard sales/library book sales are the BEST places to get books. (I go to the library sale @ Evart every summer--you should, if you don't!!)
    You can never have too many books. :)

    ReplyDelete