Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years

Happy New Year!


I was home alone for the ringing in of the New Year. Slightly depressing, but ah well.

Hubby had to work to make the monies so I can eat and have a place to sleep.

Eating though has been a rough topic. Food makes me sick. Even Chinese food. It’s not cool. I LOVE Chinese food (When I was a kid I HATED it, but that’s another story) and today when we went to lunch I was pretty stoked. Chinese food! I had a grand day of shopping with a Christmas gift card and aside from feeling sick most of the day, I was hungry! Then halfway through my Crab Rangoon my stomach revolted. Well, more like my taste buds. The light of my Chinese food consuming life tasted very, very not good. Hubby thought I was crazy, so I moved on to my other love, Orange Chicken. No good. All food was evil. And Nasty. Lunch was ruined and we went home and napped. For a long time. Living third shift makes for weird sleeping schedules.

However today I am feeling good! I made some delisiouso potatoe soup that cooked in the crock pot all night so the potatoes are tender and the flavor is divine. I feel like quite the cook! I’m planning on making some granola tonight and a cheesecake if I can find a decent recipe.

But what about the New Year?

What are my resolutions? Well… I haven’t figured that out yet. I’ll let you know!

1 comment:

  1. We were home on New Year's Eve (me and hubby), and while it can feel depressing, you probably felt better than those people who stayed up and out all night, possibly hungover!!

    I love potatoes but never made potato soup. Do you have a recipe to share? I do have a crock pot!

    - K.B.

    ReplyDelete