Friday, January 21, 2011

So that's why I don't watch scary movies...

I had heard it was creepy, but I was lulled in by the ballet and artistry of it. I'd heard it was good despite the creepiness, and the psychological thriller aspect intrigued me. So, today Hubby and I went to see it - Black Swan.
It's been nominated for awards and Ms. Portman (who is pregnant like EVERY OTHER FEMALE IN THE WORLD except me) has received rave reviews for her role of the trouble ballerina, Nina.
The movie was beautiful to watch; the custumes, scenery, filmwork was wonderfuly done.
But it was creepy, like want to sleep with the light on creepy.
And it's not 'monster coming to get you creepy' - it's 'it's all in your head creepy'.
And of course Hubby is at work and I'm all alone.
I've tried watching many episodes of friends to offset the creepiness, but the later it gets the less that works.

: /

No comments:

Post a Comment